Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Weekly Menu (Sept 1 - Sept 7)

I forgot to plan ahead for last week. And I didn't have time to grocery shop. So we ate at my parents, grandparents, made spaghetti, and ate out.  Tonight I am going grocery shopping. Thank you pay-day!

Thursday - Slow Cooker Pork Chops (I know this recipe link calls for chicken, but we are having chicken in 2 other meals, so I am using pork chops instead!), Pasta, and Carrots

Friday - Easy Lemon Chicken, Cheesy Broccoli (thank you Amanda!), and Rolls

Saturday - Hawaiian Chicken Sliders, Baked Beans, and Corn on the Cob

Sunday - Cookout over at my friends house for her birthday!

Monday - Chili Dogs and Tater Tots (a very healthy, low-fat meal, haha!)

Tuesday - Pot Roast (the Lipton Onion Soup Mix way) with Biscuits

Wednesday - Mexican Casserole and Rice



***I could not for the life of me open this link***
EASY LEMON CHICKEN
Melt 1 cube butter in fry pan
Layer on 4 chicken breasts or chicken tenders
Sprinkle with 1 pkg. Italian Seasonings Salad Dressing Mix
Add juice of 2 lemons.

Cook until tender. Put the lid on at first, then take off at the end in order to brown and absorb seasonings.

*Can be done in crockpot, cook on high 4-5 hrs or low 6-8 hrs. When finished cooking, take out and shred chicken, and ladle on the juices.*


MEXICAN CASSEROLE
1.5 lbs ground beef
(1 t sald, dash of pepper)
3 cup crushed tortilla chips
16 oz salsa
15.5 oz can chili beans, drained
12 oz sour cream or 1 1/2 cup
10 oz can diced tomatoes
4 oz can sliced black olives, drained
8 oz shredded fiesta blend cheese

Brown ground beef in a skillet, adding salt and pepper, drain. Spread chips in bottom of 9x13 dish. Combine cooked ground beef, salsa, and drained chili beans. Spread over chips. Spread sour cream over meat mixture. Sprinkle tomatoes, black olives, then cheese. Bake uncovered @ 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until bubbly.


I hope this menu helps you out! Let me know if you make anything. Next Wednesday I will be posting some Crockpot meals that I have tried recently on Kelly's Korner . You should do it too!

Hope t

No comments: