Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Strawberry Lemonade Cupcakes

I found a recipe for these cupcakes online and I have GOT to get better at writing down the links because when I tried to google: Strawberry Lemonade Cupcakes using lemon cake mix and strawberry jello, the recipe I printed out is nowhere to be found.
Anyways, I made these for my "work mom's" birthday. And they were a hit. Well at least that's what people told me to my face!


This photo was not taken by me.

Strawberry Lemonade Cupcakes

Cupcake Ingredients:
1 Box of lemon cake mix
3oz box of strawberry jello
1 1/2 cup diced strawberries
1C oil
1/2C milk
4 eggs

Cupcake Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 325.
2. In large bowl, stir cake mix and strawberry jello mix together.
3. Make a well in the center of mix and pour in strawberries, oil, milk and eggs. Mix well.4. Pour batter into cupcake pans. *(I used foil liners)*
5. Bake for 20-25 minutes.


Frosting Ingredients:
1. 1 stick of butter, softened
2. 12oz package of cream cheese, softened
3. 1TBS vanilla extract
4. 2 cups confectioners sugar
5. Zest from 2 lemons *(I only used one lemon)*
6. Juice from 1 lemon

Frosting Directions:
1. Cream together butter and cream cheese.
2. Add vanilla, mix.
3. Slowly add in confectioners sugar.
4. Add zest and juice, mix well.


*I frosted mine after they had cooled for about 30 minutes. I put my frosting into a Ziploc bag and cut a tip off the corner. I also put my frosting in the freezer for about 20-30 minutes. Next time I make these I will frost them the day of serving. And just keep the frosting chilled in the fridge.*


I think they would be really cute if you put a slice of strawberry on top and maybe those little lemon candies. I may or may not have eaten 2 of them :-)

No comments: