Thursday, August 18, 2011

What would I do with a kid-free weekend?

I asked for questions and here is a really good one from Torres Tidbits...

If given a choice of what to do for a weekend free of children, what would it be?

Let me back-track a little bit to answer this question.  I was still in school when I had Em and was never away from her for more than a day. Thanks to my mom and grandparents, I was able to go on my senior trip to Cancun when she was 13 months old. That was the hardest week ever being away from my little girl that long. I talked to her every single day even though she could have probably cared less.  Then Z came along and I may have been gone a night or two here and there to go visit my friends in Stillwater (they were in college, you know the ones who didn't get knocked up at the age of 12, haha) but that was the longest amount of time I was away from him.  A few years ago he had to go to California for a week and that was the longest I had ever been away from him until recently when my dad kidnapped him for 22 days so he could be a junior trucker. I am glad my dad and Z got to spend that time together though. Yes, my kids did stay the night here and there ever so often but it was usually just a day or 2 at the most. My baby who is 18 months old has NEVER stayed away from me. Like seriously ever. I have not been away from him for more than like 10-12 hours. I'm pretty sure that I have separation anxiety from him. Which is probably unhealthy...but oh well he is my last baby and I just haven't been ready to let him sleepover with his grandparents yet. I think I am getting there though...maybe.

Anyways, once I can put on my big girl panties and leave my kids for a whole weekend, I would like to go somewhere relaxing, like a bed and breakfast, or the beach (ok a lake would work also). Somewhere that I can be lazy and relax. Not have to cook or do dishes or laundry or clean or take care of anyone besides myself. A place that had cute little fun shops and restaurants. I think Alan and I could really use a weekend together.

I love my little people but being a parent to 2 very busy children and a baby toddler is so exhausting.

No comments: