Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Weekly Menu (July 17 - 22)

***Yes I know that this is a little late...I had it set to publish on Sunday morning but I guess Blogger had different plans.***

This week we are going to be super busy! As in like every day between now and November!! My daughter is doing cheer for the first time this year. And my oldest son is doing tackle football. Pad camp starts this week Monday thru Thursday 6-8pm and cheer is Monday, Thursday and Friday from 5:30-8. So yes you are correct that I have no life, yes Colton gets to live in his carseat and outside in this nasty heat, and yes my meals have to be planned accordingly and also something kinda easy for Alan to throw together so we can all eat dinner by the time I get home from work. (P.S. Alan is working nights right now, so he sleeps until about 2-3pm. This gives him plenty of time to cook whatever I have prepared. And I usually do the prep work for him and give him a very important task of FOLLOWING the recipe/directions EXACTLY as printed!).

Sunday - Mexican Lasagna and Corn Casserole (I don't remember where I got this recipe, but it was canned corn, cream cheese, sour cream, jalapeno, shredded cheese and you just mix it all together and bake it).

Monday - Salsa Roast (recipe below), Smashed Potatoes, French Bread

Tuesday - Everyone Ate This Fish, leftover corn casserole, black beans, fruit salad

Wednesday - Honey Onion Chicken (recipe below, can't find the link), Green Beans, Mac-n-cheese (I make this for the boys!)

Thursday - Beans & Cornbread, Salad

Friday - Sandwich night (turkey, ham, tuna, grilled cheese...whatever you want to make, you get to eat :-)



Salsa Roast
1 beef roast-size depends on your family size
2 cans golden mushroom soup
1 large jar of Paul Newman's Medium Chunky Salsa

Place all of the ingredients in your crock-pot and cook on high all day. I start ours at 8am and we eat around 4:30. We eat ours with sour cream and chive scalloped potatoes and sweet cornbread muffins.



Honey Onion Chicken
1 package chicken tenders
2 eggs
1 can french fried onions
Seasoned pepper
Salt
Honey

Preheat oven to 350.

Dip chicken tenders in egg. In a ziplock bag, crush the onions and then coat the chicken in them. Line a 9x13 with foil and spray it with non stick spray. Place the chicken in it and and then sprinkle with salt, pepper, and drizzle it with honey.

Bake COVERED for 20 mins. Then, uncover it, drizzle with more honey and bake another 20 min's uncovered.

No comments: