Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Sunburns and Tension

This weekend ended up being pretty good. We got to spend time together as a family. One of my most favorite things to do.

I took the kids to the Rooster Days Parade on Saturday. Em was marching with the band. And C loves parades, especially music!  We took the kids to ride rides and eat carnival food after the parade. We were outside from 9:45am until 6:15pm. Being the wonderful horrible mother that I am, I completely forgot to put sunscreen on my children. It was cold and windy outside, people. But I've heard that you get more sun with an overcast...so all 3 of my babies had red noses and cheeks :(   Finally around 3pm when I saw C's little red cheeks, I thought to myself ..."OMG, you need to put some sunscreen on your children!". So out to Mini I ran and lathered my babies up with sunscreen. It didn't help much. But its the thought that counts. Right? Wrong!  My baby was so worn out and tired by the time we got home, I bathed him, fed us dinner, and put him to bed. I watched a movie and the big kids did whatever they wanted to do.



I got up and made a fattening yummy breakfast on Sunday morning.  We slept in and missed the 9am service at COTM and then by the time we were done eating breakfast and cleaning up the kitchen it was 10:30am and the kids were not ready and the baby was tired so I thought there was no way I could make it to the 11am service either. That is when my light bulb went off.  C could stay home and take his nap while Alan was there and the big kids wanted to go back to bed anyways...so I decided to hurry up and get myself ready. Pulled my hair back, brushed my teeth, put on some makeup, and clothes.  I was out the door in 10 minutes and at church by 10:55am! I'm 110% positive that God wanted me to hear this service. It was about TENSION! Are you the one causing the tension? Why yes I am. And He knows all about the tension I cause, and the tension that is in my life. I cried about 4 times during the service. I went home and hugged my family, which included the man who is in my life. I can't wait to find out what the next three series will be about.



Later that afternoon, Colton and I played outside while the big kids were riding bikes and playing down the street. We played with bubbles and he had so much fun. I love getting to spend as much time as I can with my kids. Even when they are driving me crazy with their demands, requests, and questions.  I love being their mom. It is seriously, without a doubt, my most favorite thing to be.

"I love bubbles!"

"Life is a long lesson in humility."

No comments: