Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Menu and OCD'ness!

I am going to try really hard to start making a weekly menu and posting it to my blog. I will also try to include recipes on most things.

Monday: Chick-Fil-A to support Destiny Church
Tuesday: Island Jerk Chicken, rice pilaf, carrots
Wednesday: Cheesy Beef Tostadas, corn, fruit salad yummy yummy
Thursday: Butter Chicken over egg noodles, green beans, french bread
Friday: Pizza and salad (my little girl is 12 today!)
Saturday: Spicy Dr. Pepper Shredded Pork on buns, homeade french fries and coleslaw

I try to stick to a weekly menu and I try to stay on budget while grocery shopping. I'm pretty OCD when it comes to my shopping list. I even categorize it by the aisles. I have a slight problem!

Anyways, I already had Frozen Chicken (tenderloins and breasts) and Ground Beef in the deep freeze, so all I had to do was lay that out to thaw. I didn't have to buy any spices (which can cost a lot! Hello Ground Coriander was like $11 and I only needed 1/4 tsp for the Butter Chicken). But since I have become friends (ok obsessed, stalking, whatever) with Ree, aka The Pioneer Woman, I have bought more spices then I know what to do with. So I just had to buy a few things...like a Pork Butt, chipolte peppers, dr. pepper, peppercorn ranch, egg noodles, and some fresh veggies and herbs. I only spent about $60 on the items I needed to buy!

I just wanted to give you a little peek into my fridge and pantry once I unloaded the groceries. Some call me crazy...I call myself organized. Haha!



I recently have heard of something called E-Mealz and it is $5 a month and the website says this:

"E-Mealz has been created to provide a kid-friendly and family-uniting meal planning resource for busy Moms and frugal family cooks. E-Mealz will help you to save time, money and make time for family with delicious weekly dinner menu plans everyone will love."

I think I will be hooked. I am going to try this out for 3 months to see if it helps my family. Dave Ramsey also endorses it. So that should give you an idea that this helps to save money!!


I hope that the 1 person reading this blog finds my menu helpful. And that maybe I can encourage you to cook more also!


P.S. This menu idea came from Amanda over at Torres Tidbits. I don't know her in real life but from reading her blog I have come to the conclusion that she is an awesome girl, momma, and wife.

4 comments:

amanda torres said...

OH yeah! I just exude awesomeness...NOT. If you saw me today you would say I exude desparate housewife by the looks of me. Anyway, thanks for the shout out. AND, I also write my grocery list in the order that I shop. If that's wrong, I don't want to be right!

Anonymous said...

Soo, what time is dinner?! I think I'll be coming over to eat! :) Oh, and will you organize our pantry sometime??

Alice said...

Dinner is usually around 6ish these days. I liked them better around 5 (I'm grandma old!). But oh well.
I love my organized pantry. So sure Diana, anytime. Haha!

Laura @ My Thoughts-Uninterrupted said...

Love the organization! I just started extreme couponing to save money.....not sure what I think about it yet though! E-Mealz sounds interesting.