Monday, June 6, 2011

Menu and a very simple recipe

I'm sure I have said it before...but I read a LOT of blogs. Like 30 of them. No joke! Often I come across a recipe (or two or twenty) that these bloggers have already made and linked up to. So I click on the link and find print-outs of even more entrees, sides, desserts, etc. And I gain another 17 lbs just by looking at the pictures. Then I print the recipe out, go grocery shopping, and attempt to make dinner. And I gain another 22 lbs.

Anyways, I stumbled across this blog: Recipe for Crazy, thanks to her sister Ashley, who also blogs. Both of their blogs are amazing. Full of creativity, pictures, wisdom, food, etc. Go check out Under the Sycamore to see Ashley's DIY crafts! I love these blogs. I feel like I have so many friends. Even though most of them I haven't even met. So I guess in a way, I am a creeper. But oh well. I get new recipes and that is all that matters. Right?! Oh where was I going with this...I saw a recipe on Lesley's blog and thought it looked amazing, so I bring you Sunday's meal and the rest of the week too.


MENU:

Sunday - Asian BBQ Chicken, Veggie Kabobs (Onions, Bell Pepper, Squash, Mushrooms, etc), Lime-Cilantro Rice with Pineapples.

Monday - Big Fat Bacon Sliders, Baked Beans, Tater Tots

Tuesday - the big kids will be gone and I'm hoping we can get someone to watch the baby. I have 2 tickets to go see a free screening of Super 8. So Alan and I will probably eat Tuna Sandwiches and chips before going to the movies!

Wednesday - Mesquite Pork Tenderloin, Salad, Corn or Carrots (not sure yet)

Thursday - Smoked Sausage, Potatos and Green Beans. (Recipe below). My kids love this healthy very fattening meal.

Friday - haven't planned this far in advance...anyone want to feed us? Yes, please!


Recipe:

Smoked Sausage dinner in one skillet!

Smoked Sausage (Skinless), 1 pkg, cut up
Potatos (4-5), peeled, sliced
2 cans of Green Beans (canned, drained)
Salt & Pepper

Heat a large skillet with a little bit of vegetable oil on medium-high heat. Add potatos to the pan and fry those babies up. Add the smoked sausage to the same pan once the potatos are almost done. Once the meat is browned, add the green beans. Stir it up, add some salt & pepper. Let it cook on low heat for about 10 minutes. Serve. Don't worry, this is NO calories, haha!

No comments: