Monday, June 20, 2011

Menu (June 20 - 24)

This weekend was full of swimming, being outside, and sno-cones! We are going to have somewhat of a busy week. I am making my niece a rainbow cake for her 7th birthday...don't ask me how, because I really don't know. Alan and I are going to see a FREE screening of Bad Teacher on Wednesday night. And we are hoping to get out of town on Friday to go to Silver Dollar City with the kids. So here is my small menu...

Monday - Pulled Pork on sliders, sour cream & chive mashed potatoes (this meal is exciting to me because I had a coupon for ALL of this...making this meal $4.48 + tax to feed my family of 5)

Tuesday - Hawaiian Pork Chops, Corn on Cob (grilled, my fave!), fruit salad, and a Rainbow Birthday Cake for my niece!

Wednesday - Honey Soy Chicken, Fried Rice, Broccoli

Thursday - Cheeseburger Flatbread Melts with salad, and maybe french fries or tater tots

Friday - might be in Branson, MO...if not, I will make Alan take us out to eat!



Honey Soy Chicken

1/2 cup soy sauce
1 tablespoon honey
1 tsp garlic powder and dried ginger
1/2 cup chopped green onions..plus another 1/4 cup for topping
1 package chicken breasts

Combine all ingredients in a ziploc and let chicken marinade for at least an hour (6-8 hours is best. Put it in the bag in the morning and its ready for dinner!).

Put chicken and marinade in a baking dish and bake at 350 for 30 minutes or until chicken is done, spooning liquid over the chicken as it cooks.

While chicken cooks, take 1 cup oil and heat on high. Take the 1/4 cup green onions and fry them quickly in the oil. Remove and put on a paper towel to drain.

Top the chicken with the crunchy green onions and enjoy!

2 comments:

amanda torres said...

Thanks for the recipe. I'm making this tonight!

Alice said...

which one did you make??