Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Z got baptized :-)

We went to COTM (Church on the Move) on Saturday night for their Easter service. It was an awesome service. I really like COTM. They have great live music and the messages from Pastor Willie George are always good. I love his booming voice. 

Anyways, at the end of the service they were calling men, women and children up who wanted to be baptized. Zack was sitting about 10 people down from me and after about the 4th time that Pastor Willie George called for people to come up, I didn't even see Zack get up.  But I saw him start walking towards the front. And I was thinking "where is he going?".  My son, who is 10 years old, made the decision on his own that evening to be baptized. I'm not going to lie, I had tears in my eyes.





After he was baptized, he met us out in the hall. He said "mom, why are you crying?" and I told him that I was just so proud of him. 

Later on in the car as we were talking I asked him what made him decide to do that and did he know what being baptized meant.  He said "I'm not sure why I got up, I just felt something telling me to. And yes mom being baptized means that I am new in God and my sins are washed away".  So proud of Zackary and his decision.



1 comment:

amanda torres said...

So amazing! I cried when they asked the parents to go get their kids who were going to be baptized. All I could think of was the day my children will do that. So awesome for your boy.